Thursday, June 24, 2010

Welcome. Today I am joining Cindy at Romantic Homes http://romantichome.blogspot.com/ for Show n Tell and I have chosen to share a corner of my kitchen. As you step through the doorway you may notice a few things change before your eyes but isn't that what home decorating is all about?

My Mom loved to quilt and I am blessed to have several of her creations to call my own. And yes, we use them. She wouldn't have it any other way. The one in the first picture includes embroidered squares done by my great grandmother which were tucked away in a drawer for many years until my Mom decided to place them in this quilt.
This one is a quilted tablecloth and I love the colors she chose.
I refinished the sewing cabinet which was given to me a few years ago. The back ledge lifts up for storage. The needlepoint cardinal on the wall was stitched by my grandmother and the chair belonged to my uncle. It always sat at the large oak desk I'm sitting at right now. (but the story of that piece will be for another day)

These lovely doilies were each crocheted by my mother, an aunt, or myself and the small table cloth was a bridal shower gift to my mother in 1947. I like having them out here to remind me of each of them.
And finally this friendly little hen was a thrift store find of mine. And oh yes, the wooden cakestand in the center was handmade by my grandfather in his workshop.

Thank you for stopping by and I can't wait to see what each of you has to share as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.