Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Too damaged to use; too nice to dispose of

This past week-end while 'outdoor homemaking' two new items made there way into the garden. A favorite wicker rocker that 'let go' in the seat area and a fresh pine mushroom (more about that later).



So I'm asking all of you "Outdoor Wednesday' participants at Susan's "Southern Daydreamer" for your suggestions to enhance my new garden additions.



And now the saga that brought about the pine mushroom keepsake.



This is what appeared before my eyes as I drove up to our home last Thursday. The sun was shining brightly without a hint of the very ugly storm that proceeded.


Thirty+ years to become a gentle giant and less than 5 minutes to come down. Its twin was also uprooted enough that it had to come down too.





And so after many hours in very hot temps they are gone. But there is good in everything bad. The scent of pine wafting around our little acre for a few days was pleasant and the resulting open area didn't turn out to be quite as disconcerting as I thought it might.



Life goes on and our loss doesn't even compare to the devastation others have experienced in recent months. May they be blessed with a new beginning and continued hope.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.