Monday, March 30, 2015

Sadie Visits Blue Monday

Blue Monday Instructions Joining Sally for Blue Monday.
 
For Blue Monday I chose to share some "Blue" from my 'little room'. The term 'little room' comes from special family members who used it for the all purpose rooms in their homes.
I have a passion for Family Research and one of my branches is of Dutch origin. Thus the combination of blue and windmills in this corner of atMuldoon.
The little lady on the left was a gift from my Grandmother on my 12th Birthday.
The postcard, salt & pepper shakers and gal in the back are thrifting finds. Oh and also the silver spoon which I see needs a little polishing.

More thrift finds. The paddles turn freely on the little windmill in the center

Not sure if this happy couple are Dutch. They may be Eastern European but they are welcome in our family melting pot.

This picture with the windmill brings me serenity
as  I envision a quiet misty morning at the harbor.
My mom was a quilter while I prefer to do the piecing
and was always happy to finish the project for me.
And meet Sadie who is floating in front of the toile valance that also depicts windmills.
Sadie doesn't always reside here. She is a decoy which several years ago began appearing in strange and unusual places around our lawn and home.
The RG (retired gardener) and I were playing this little game long before the 'elf on the shelf'
appeared on the scene :).
 
 
Thanks for stopping by. If anyone is also interested in family research, I recently started a new blog where I share my experiences and reflections on my family research journey. https://familyresearchandme.blogspot.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.