Monday, June 29, 2015

Archive Blues

Sharing archived photos on some Link Ups. They are from an excursion to Put-In-Bay, Ohio a few years ago.
 
"Stonehenge" said Blue Monday to me.
A mid-nineteenth century island house built circa 1855 for the Foster family. This dolomite and grout house is a rare stone version of the island's familiar L-shaped farm houses.
 Lots of blue from beginning to end.
 Do you spy the wringer washer?
 With blue being the predominant color, 
our friend, Norma fit right in.
Also notice our friend John's earphones for taking a taped tour.
 It wasn't near Christmas but the tree was a nice touch.
 It would have been 'grand' to play this piano.
 As a girl, I would have loved this room.
 Even a heated attic bath.
 Viewing these photos makes me want to go back.
There is so much to do and see.
A Fall tour would be nice.
 
Smiling Sally
 



6 comments:

  1. I would love to tour that house. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle,

    This was a fun trip; I hope you do get to go back! Thanks for making Blue Monday special.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i enjoy visiting places like this but i never do the headphone thing!!!! a really beautiful place!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful series of photos for Blue Monday ~ bet you go back in the Fall!

    Happy Week to you, Happy Fourth of July to the USA
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a post on archived photos a few weeks ago about a past vacation. I am like you I wanted to go back.
    Thanks for this fabulous tour. Ohio is one place I've never been. Now I want to go! Thanks for sharing. I loved your Mosaic today too. I took photo's of a butterfly garden the other day that I'm going to put in a Mosaic today.
    Thanks for coming by. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful blues in this gorgeous historic house! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.