Tuesday, June 30, 2015

First Flickers

Normally I try to keep the number of photos per post low.
But because I was so thrilled with these visitors
and their interaction, I got a little carried away.
I hope using collages will keep the post from dragging on.
 
This is a favorite
Either dancing a jig, or avoiding a messy step : )

 
I was snapping some usual shots of
the finches at the feeder and looked to my left
and there they were.
 
I'm pretty sure this was a mother daughter duo
out on a food finding tutorial.
 
It was certainly a first for me atMuldoon.
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. I am very happy you shared all these photos. I haven't seen one of these in a very long time. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of many nemesis birds of mine! How fortunate you are to be able to get close enough for photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Andy. I was completely taken off guard by their presence. The short front porch roof and opening the window on the door creates a blind of sorts.

      Delete
  3. Looks like they had a great time in your back yard. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gayle,
    These are awesome photos of the Flicker. They do love to find bugs in the grasses. Great post. Have a happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that must have been really fun to watch! Birds have so much personality, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTIC images of this Woodpecker

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.