Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Looking Ahead 090115


Nature looks ahead to the next growing season.

While anticipating the joy of fall photos the image of winter lingers in the background. Cold blustery snowy days are the norm for our area and I embrace it for what it is and enjoy it for its own beauty. And yet I'm already anticipating the lack of color to capture.

In contemplating all this, I looked to nature in an effort to see how it prepares for the dormant season and found that it produces seeds with faith and waters them with snow; then rests in the knowledge that God will make it grow.

TWO TREES

DOGWOOD

SWEET BAY MAGNOLIA
 
These berries remind me that I will be watching the brilliant red cardinals, bright blue jays, and rich brown house sparrows along with several others including the woodpeckers in the branches of these two tree as they come to feed this winter. Their colors will stand out against the white of the snow and once again I will be snapping pictures knowing Spring will follow.
 
I planted the seed, Apollos watered it,
but God has been making it grow.---1 Corinthians 3:6
 
 
Linking with:
and
 
 

10 comments:

  1. The berries are such a beautiful contrast ...

    And looking forward to Fall...Me too. But our winters are so mild, just cold damp temperatures. I look forward to our winters also.

    Fantastic photos and narration on your post this morning Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel Fall in the air. Your pictures remind me of that. I love the red berries of the dogwood as they are a cheerful sight on a cloudy day. Good post, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall definately is easing its way into our area as well. I have actually seen several trees that have turned colors already. I love the fall most of all. I enjoy the cool, crisp air and the wonderful colors. Winter I have to get used to, but have learned to appreciate it more since that is my Izzi's (dog) favorite time of year. We get very cold and much snow here because we are so close to Lake Michigan. The weather has been different over the last few years ... more extreme. I assume it is the climate changes that are taking place. Beautiful pictures, Gayle ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like to put a few small branches of dogwood in a vase to enjoy when they have the red berries. Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure where the time went, but according to the calendar fall is around the corner. However, it is not here yet. In Texas it is very hot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely thoughts of the soon arriving Autumn days! Beautiful images you share, and some images we now anticipate from your mention of them! Can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. seem that I have to check out the Magnolias again. I have not seen any red berries, but I did see what looked like some kind of cones. Thanks for sharing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to Google to find what kind of tree is dogwood. It's Latin name is Cornus florida. In autumn the foliage has a fantastic red colour.
    In a little wood near to my home, I saw a tree with fruit just starting to open, with a few seeds visible(as you show in your third picture). Now I know that this is Magnolia.
    Thanks for this nice post.
    Have a nice weekend, Hilde

    Visiting from Trees n Bushes
    http://stapjesonderweg.blogspot.be/2015/07/monasterio-de-santa-catalina.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dogwood and Magnolia tree♡♡♡ I'm SO waiting to fall to come soon :-)
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice image.
    Please drop by each week for Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) to link up! Here's this week's linky:
    http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/09/allium-glorious.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.