Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Backyard Birds

These little finches come to feed 2-3 times a day.
Unlike the chick-a-dee or titmouse
who flit about from feeder to limb
these little ones perch and feast until their full
with little regard for humans in the area.
 
This day was just like that until . . .
 
it seemed to say
'what is that to the north?
I don't recall that little number being over there'

 
'Aha, a new eatery'
I bought this feeder in mid summer.
It was labeled as a peanut feeder.
So I filled it with bird peanuts and waited for it to be discovered.
 
Nada, nobody was interested.
 
So a couple weeks ago I emptied the peanuts
into the regular feeder.
Of course they were gobbled up over the next two days.
 
Today I had the thought to fill it with black sunflower seeds.
 
The rest of the story is history.
 
Joining Stewart for:
 


7 comments:

  1. Lovely series of bird shots and good to hear of their feeding habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard goldfinches here today also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attractive goldfinches. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me I need to fill my feeders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you converted...the feeder, that is...!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.