Thursday, December 1, 2016

2nd Designated National Pie Day 2016


National Pie Day normally falls on January 23
but a second Day was added this year
December 1st

I started off with a traditional Apple Pie
  • Thank you, whoever invented the 'dough hook' for an electric mixer
  • Thank you, Martha Stewart for telling me to roll the dough inside a plastic bag
  • Thank you most of all, RG (retired gardener) for peeling and slicing the apples

Next I made what I call 'Lazy Lady Pie'.
  1. Instead of rolling the pie in a circle and attempting to make it to the pie pan in one piece, roll it or press it into a square or oblong cake pan. (a 9x13 makes a nice size for church socials, office parties and such because its nice to cut into various size squares depending on the crowd)
  2. Toss in the sweetened and spiced apples
  3. Lay cut-out pieces of remaining pie dough overlapped on the top with a few openings
  4. Sprinkle with sugar (I use cinnamon sugar for apple)
    • Thank you to my friend Peg for #1
    • I came up with #3 on my own a few years ago




2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for that dough hook, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty pie! The cookie cutter shape one is really fun too! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.