Saturday, December 10, 2016

A Change of Outlook

There it was; bright eyed and busy tailed.
And I suddenly had a new outlook.

 Somewhere along the line I had been conditioned
to view squirrels as invaders
Probably because the food was put there for the birds.

But as I put things into perspective today,
 I thought; well they have to eat too.
And I really do enjoy watching them
with their tiny 'hands' at work
and bright eyes on the outlook

And really, does one squirrel eat anymore 
than a whole flock of birds?


Eastern gray squirrels forage for nuts, seeds, buds, and flowers of trees. Like other tree squirrels, the eastern gray squirrel plays an important role in what’s known as seed dispersal. As winter approaches, squirrels carry their food and bury it in several locations. They hide more food than they will recover or eat. The buried seeds and nuts sprout and begin to grow in these locations the following spring. 


7 comments:

  1. Hello Gayle, cute squirrels images. I love the pretty framed shot. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love to watch our little cute tree rats.. yours are so cute. maybe a little bigger than ours. we watched the family of five yesterday chasing each other around and up and through the trees yesterday, chittering like crazy.. we find they will eat anything. even stale cheerios

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shots of squirrel in the act.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of our dear squirrel friends ~ thanks

    Wishing you days of contentment ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK,you may be SLOWLY convincing me to lay down my weapons of war against the squirrels. LOL I haven't wanted them at my feeder, but I may change my mind, after all, they have "planted" a tree or two for me and just at the right place as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little animals - my kids really enjoyed seeing squirrels in the UK.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetness!!! I helped raise 63 of these little chaps, such cute fur babies, but they can also be oh so naughty too~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.