Friday, October 13, 2017

Just a Few Extras

 #1 - raindrops at last---aaah


#2 - poke berries; The American Cancer society says all parts of the pokeweed are poisonous, particularly the roots.

#3 - snakes; it's good to be informed.

#4 - the dock tenants are starting to clear out for winter

#5 - this vessel doesn't need a dock

Joining

9 comments:

  1. Hello, I have some pokeberries growing in my yard. The birds like the berries. The last photo is lovely, a peaceful scene. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. I would welcome raindrops around here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe that preserver is there to throw to the kayakers if they need it... I like it and poke berries are beautiful even if they are poison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to figure out what the American Cancer Society has to do with poke berries in the first place? I'll have to look that up! yes, it is good to be informed about snakes...then you won't have to call me at 6:30 a.m. like my good friend did this past week to ask me what a Coral Snake looks like because she had a snake in her garage. She emailed me a picture. Thankfully it was just a corn snake...and it was stuck on a glue trap, so it wasn't going anywhere anyway...so why call me at 6:30 a.m.??? Anyway, I have to laugh. God is good, and I was glad I could help. But those poke berries...I'll have to find out about those before someone calls me at 6:30 am again. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...we sure were dry in September, nice to rain here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poke Berries! Thank you - that was my question this morning - I took pictures of plants exactly like yours - because, aren't they splendid to look at?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mish-mash! Love the last picture - very symbolic of the fall - the lone kayaker ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the variety of your photos. BTW, if you're from the southern US, you'll know that 'poke salad' is made from the leaves of the plant. They taste a bit like spinach and we always ate them with a little malt vinegar on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the photo of the raindrops and the market...have you ever seen "christmas with the kranks"? for some reason that picture makes me think of the seen where they stop at the market for chocolate and it's pouring and tim allen gets drenched ...love that movie! great photos and i especially like the one of the guy kayaking! thanks for joining in gayle and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.