Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Respect

Why was I spared? --- George H W Bush

A question he asked after surviving his bomber going down and losing his two crew mates.
Not about politics; not about fame; not about wealth. While all those things factored into his life, they were not the foundation of the man.
The RG and I laughed and cried at some point in each of the eulogies for a man who understood unconditional love.
I encourage our children, our family and our friends to take time to listen to at least one of the eulogies. (I recommend all of them)
I also recommend listening to the homily 
by his pastor
more laughter; more tears.



6 comments:

  1. I saw the homily by his pastor, he was fantastic, funny and perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I watched the service today. Bush Jr had some wonderful comments about his father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the service at work. Touching and perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some flashes of it earlier, but haven't seen it in full. I understand our former PM Brian Mulroney was one of those giving eulogies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did. They were close friends and often spent time in Maine.

      Delete
  5. We lost a good man there.
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/12/gangly-and-gorgeous-blue-heron.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.