This is a 1947 letter to my Grandfather
from my family history files.
The letter opener belonged to my Grandmother
who was born in 1898 and died in 1987.
It is marked 'stainless steel/Japan';
probably mid 1900s.
While not necessarily an antique or collectable
it is a keepsake dear to my heart.
Joining ABC Wednesday
Hello, both the letter and letter opener are family treasures. I can see why it would be dear to your heart. Have a happy day!
ReplyDeleteI just love old things with a family history and this is lovely. The tapestry is also especially beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSome things are just not replacable, because they remind us on the things in our history dear to our heart!
ReplyDeleteYour url reminds me that you have participated in All Seasons before. Hope to see you back soon! These posts always start in the title with "All Seasons" (from Sunday through Wed, night 7 pm. Have a great week!
Keepsakes are special,not because of age or monetary value, but because they speak to the heart.
ReplyDeleteI like the letter and the letter opener.. beautiful memories... I have a letter my granddaddy wrote to me when I was born in 1944, the only letter keepsake I have ever kept.
ReplyDeleteI just love old letters...someday there won't be any letters for people to read...we do everything here on the computer. And the kids in school nowadays aren't learning to read/write cursive...so they wouldn't even be able to read our old letters! Sad!! Love the letter opener. It's a keeper!!!!
ReplyDeleteKeepsakes are far more valuable in my book. :-)
ReplyDeleteThese are true treasures. I have some of my grandmother's and mother's that goes way back. Probably my knds will care less.
ReplyDeleteLovely to have that kind of idem close to your heart.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice ABCW~Week
Daphne ~ Abcw-team
http://www.dcdjfotografie.nl/21-lion/
Oh wow what precious gifts you have!!
ReplyDeleteI totally can imagine that you hold them dear!!
Have a splendid ♥-warming ABC-Wednes-day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/21-l/.
I think the letter and letter openers are wonderful. I call myself a sentimental old fool because I love family mementos that aren't worth much to someone else, but worth a lot to me. That's why the recent floods in Houston are so sad. It's one thing to lose furniture, but many lost everything...old photos, scrapbooks, family mementos, etc. Not much monetary value, but loads of sentimental value. I'd be devastated. Take good care of that letter and letter opener.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was younger, I never appreciated the functionality of the letter opener, but I do now.
ReplyDeleteROG, ABCW