Thursday, April 26, 2018

When You Raise Your Camera . . .

on a bright sunny day . . .
and can't see the screen . . .
these kind of results are a happy surprise.

All I knew was the Osprey 
were up there in the distance.
  I didn't know this cloud
would be the perfect background.
 I had read an article the day before on using the 'scrn' selection 
on my Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
and taking bursts of photos for bird in flight
and decided to give it a try today 
at the lake in the nearby state park.

Joining Skywatch Friday.

10 comments:

  1. The Osprey is a beautiful bird.The blue sky and cloud add to these pictures, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried my burst, did not come out as good as yours. i to have taken photos where the screen is blind, again not this good. great shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give credit for these to nature's lighting at that moment in time. Believe me they aren't all this clear.
      It was the same with the squirrel. It was the last of about twenty single shots I took. It was on 'auto' and full zoom. Normally that results in a blurry pic. This time; near perfect.

      Delete
  3. These did turn out great! Funny (and fun) when your not sure exactly what your camera is capturing, and it turns out really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent osprey, and you've now found the perfect way to capture a bird in flight!
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.