Friday, July 19, 2019

Flower of the Day - July 19, 2019 - Gladiola

 . . . or 'Glads' as my grandmother called them.

Gladiola
Gladiolus

Description

Gladiolus is a genus of perennial cormous flowering plants in the iris family. It is sometimes called the 'sword lily', but is usually called by its generic name. The genus occurs in Asia, Mediterranean Europe, South Africa, and tropical Africa. The center of diversity is in the Cape Floristic Region. Wikipedia
Joining Cee's FOTD

5 comments:

  1. we always called them glads. I have never grown any, glads and carnations shout funeral to me. raised by a minister, I went to dozens of funerals, if daddy had one I had to go... in the past glads and carnations were always there. this photos is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some just like this growing. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, pretty red blooms. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.