Saturday, September 28, 2019

I Guess We've Come to Terms or . . .

hunger won the day.

I've been trying to capture this little cutie all week.
This is the fruit of a Kousa Dogwood.
Kousa Dogwood fruit is the primary edible part of Kousa Dogwood Cornus kousa), which is a small tree or shrub native to Asia that is now a very popular landscape plant in the US. It is also called Japanese Dogwood, Korean Dogwood, and Chinese Dogwood, there are many cultivated varieties in existence.


and this Chipmunk has been predictably breakfasting on them each morning about the same time.

And always took flight when I opened the window screen (slowly and carefully)

However, today, either hunger won out or I don't seem to be much of a threat anymore.

9 comments:

  1. Hello, I have not heard of the Kousa Dogwood fruit. Your chipmunk is enjoying this fruit. Cute photos. Thanks for sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend. PS, thanks for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!
    I hardly ever see Chipmunks - so enjoyable to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...he really is the cutest little critter! I'm glad he stayed long enough for his photo shoot! He was hungry! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know they are pest but they are sooooooo cute. I have never seen one in real life... love the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patience paid off and you got good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that little guy may be stuffing his little face before the fruit is no longer and add a few extra carbs before Winter!...:)jp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute! We don't have chipmunks in Florida, maybe that's a good thing, but I do think they are cute little beggars. We had them in Ohio at one our houses, and we had a chestnut tree. They would get those chestnuts as soon as they fell from the pods to the ground. I would have a race to beat them every morning so I could gather a few nuts too. I had to be very quick!! But it was fun!! Loved this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was on my phone when I first saw this...had to get on computer...it is so, so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.