Saturday, November 30, 2019

Just As Many of Us . . .

Lucy is in the senior years of her life and she is now in her last days.

but continues to faithfully watch for 
the return of her master
when he is out and about.

Her condition has resulted in
nasal blockage and fainting spells.
She is seeing the Vet regularly
and the office calls to check on her.

She shows no sign of pain 
and continues to go out when needed.
We have chosen to give her 
our own hospice care.

Hospice care is a special program for patients who are ill and dying. 
Rather than trying to cure an illness, hospice aims to: 
make the patient comfortable. 
ease pain and other symptoms through a sad and difficult time.

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.


7 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry. She's in good hands and she's loved, and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am so sorry Lucy is not well. Sending prayers and well wishes for you both! HUGS!!!

    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know it's hard to see a loved pet get old. You are taking such good care of her. Sweet hugs to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry, Gayle, my eyes are tearing up. Lucy is so beautiful and such a wonderful dog.. I agree with the hospice care for pets or people... prayers for you and your family as you do what you can to make Lucy comfortable. hugs to Lucy from me

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a nice photograph.
    I'm so sorry to read this. However, she is with those that love her and I know will do everything to make her as comfortable as possible.
    God bless.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless her heart and yours. Losing a faithful pet is the same as losing a family member.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.