Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Continued Fascination . . .

I continue to be fascinated 
and finding beauty in theses leaves.

Fortunately the beetle damage
only struck a small portion of this tree.


The Japanese Beetles were quite active
here in Western PA this year.
Our Apple Trees and Japanese Maple 
suffered the most.



What trees do Japanese beetles attack?
Most favored by adult Japanese beetles and more susceptible to destruction.
  • American linden.
  • Apple.
  • Apricot, cherry, peach, and plum.
  • Birch.
  • Crab apple.
  • Crape myrtle.
  • Japanese maple.
  • Norway maple.
---Almanac.com


Joining 

10 comments:

  1. now I wonder if they eat rose moss flowers... bob found one of these drowned in the pool, but it was black. I love the photos of the lacy look, even though it is sad they are destroying the trees that give us food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. the beetles have added their artistic eating touch

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. First photo is very nice, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I have not noticed the Japanese beetles. We did have damage years ago. The Purple Coneflower is pretty. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These beetles do create some amazing artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Japanese beetles are artists in their munching, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow awesome capture . Please tell something about my captures on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking the same as Su-sieee; even though they may not mean to the beetle is an artist. Hopefully the tree will survive though. Thanks for sharing at Pictorial Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.