Thursday, September 13, 2018

Thankful for the Support of Family and Friends . . .

as we mourned the loss of my brother

We returned from Maryland on Tuesday. 
The four hour trip on Sunday was torrential rain all the way. 
The service and time with his family were a blessing. 
The trip home was comforting.

As the fog lifted  
we had the hope of a brighter tomorrow when we headed home after several days of rain and tears.
With a reminder of 9/11 along the way.
And moments of joy still exist. It would take a lot to beat this welcome home from Lucy. She was yet another dog David made a fuss over when he visited 'back home'.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
---Romans 8:28

6 comments:

  1. Hello, Gayle! I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. Sending my prayers for you and your family. cute photo of Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. I am so sorry about the loss of your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet Lucy, good to see you again, Tell your mama, I am sorry for the loss of David, my brother is David and so is my son... what a great welcome after a sad journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to lose a family member or a friend. Prayers for you and your family. Arriving home can bring comfort and relief from stress. Sweet dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of your loss.I am glad to see that even in a time of sorrow, you can see beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.