Saturday, September 1, 2018

Do Chipmunks Eat . . .

Frogs?

The RG had mentioned 
seeing three frogs in the garden pond
So one morning I headed out 
with my camera for a count.

 #1 - a usual place to spy one

#2 - sunning on a lily pad

#3 - cooling below the surface (eyes in the center of the photo)

But wait - there was one more.
#4 out of hiding in the rocks (suddenly gave a panicked yelp and leaped into the water.
The Reason for the panic
New knowledge to me
Chipmunks eat frogs.
Chipmunks have an omnivorous diet primarily consisting of seeds, nuts and other fruits, and buds. They also commonly eat grass, shoots, and many other forms of plant matter, as well as fungi, insects and other arthropods, small frogs, worms, and bird eggs.

Chipmunk - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipmunk

8 comments:

  1. Hello, love the cute frogs. MY favorite is the one on the lily pad. I did not know the chipmunks eat frogs. Poor frogs. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend! PS, thanks also for the comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...well I know that they are always busy eating my bird feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he could eat one of our tiny frogs, but not these big ones, but I am glad they jump and run. I would love to see a bull frog and a chipmunk, never seen either one except in photos like yours. those frogs are amazng

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would have to be a really small frog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you learn something new every day! I had no idea! What a meal one of those would make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful feature and most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well,who knew that blogging could be so educational? I did. not know that Chipmunks would eat frogs.Learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never knew Chipmunks ate frogs or bird eggs! The ones around my cottage seem to be most interested in the peanuts I put out for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.