Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Brisk October Afternoon . . .

with a new found friend

Great Blue Heron
It flew in closer
and with a watchful eye.

circled around me,

took flight

landed once again
 and found this mangled catfish
which it quickly discarded.


  This Yellow Leg was in the same area
and quite interested 
in an abandoned bobber.

11 comments:

  1. love that reflection shot at the beginning and the beautiful yellow legs.. hope the bobber had no hook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That heron is on the prowl... and look what he found, yucky catfish. I'd throw it away, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, great series of Heron photos. I like the Yellowleg too. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We see them here from spring into fall, but I imagine they've all left the area by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Those close encounters of the bird world are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Heron and the "yellow leg" (I never heard of that one before!) (Don't they ALL have yellow legs? LOL. Anyway, you were able to get some great pictures. Than you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too thought that sounded like a generic name but after a friend who is an avid bird watcher gave me the name I looked it up and sure enough Yellowleg. Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  7. Some great pictures of the Blue Heron. My favourite is the Yellowleg though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Herons are such magnificent birds. I especially like to watch them when they are in search of food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your observations are lovely. Birds are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.