Thursday, April 27, 2017

If It's Going to Happen . . .

it will be soon - Crab Apple Winter


#1
Having heard the phrase 'Crab Apple Winter' all my life
Imagine my surprise to find neither Google or Siri
could find any references to the term.

#2
The Wild Crab Apple trees are 
lush and abundant this year.

#3
Crab Apple brings to mind
Tom Terrific and his nemesis
Crabby Appleton

#4
Image result for Crab Apple Pie book
"Crabapples are a little difficult to work with because they’re so small.  They generally don’t need peeling; if you did, using the standard peeler might result in some nicked fingers. Actually it’s preferable to leave the skins on because they’re pectin rich and act as a natural thickener."

#5
I haven't read this book.
I think I will check it out.
Has Anyone read it?
Crab Apple Pie by [Olson, Della May ]



Joining
Willy Nilly Friday w/Tanya


2 comments:

  1. beautiful, no crab apples here, these are my first viewing... I do FEEL crabby today because we are now diving into our HOT summer weather, and heat makes me a crabby apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing the crabapple trees in the spring. Haven't had a crabapple, in any form, for many years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.