Saturday, November 18, 2017

A Prediction . . .

or just a colorful 'woolie' coat for winter?

according to the National Weather Service the answer is no. But the color bands do tell a story of their own. It's all about the past and not the future.


The Banded Woolly Bear occurs in the United State and southern Canada. 
In order to survive the weather's freezing temps, their cells contain a self-produced antifreeze.



7 comments:

  1. Hello, Neat shot of the Woolly bear. I hope this winter is not a bad one, I do not like snow and ice. Thank you so much for linking up and for sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to see them!
    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, wonder if we could drop one in the car. KIDDING. I had no idea about this. I know that I once stepped on one of these but solid black and I was barefoot and stung really bad. I love red and black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks warm and cozy! I always thought their warm coat was a sign of a bad winter...but that was up north. I live in Florida now and we don't have those kinds of caterpillars usually. Hope you have a bright and beautiful and cozy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot. I'm guessing that most people would rather go with the folklore than to know the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever since I was young (we seemed to see more of them then), I have adored the Woolly Bear, as well as the folklore. Thanks for the bright spot in the day - have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.