Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Little Chick

I've related this tale before but while browsing around for a photo challenge, one popped up with the topic for the day as 'a toy'. With all our grandchildren in other locations, toys aren't very abundant atMuldoon these days. But this little chick is always present in the kitchen because he was a gift from my children for a very specific purpose more years ago than I want to remember.

Back then kids could roam safely and mine were out checking the yard sales and returned with this treasure and its tale.

Mom, this is an 'earthquake chicken'. If you seeing it bobbing it is a warning that a quake is on the way.

Fortunately we've only experienced a couple of minor tremors in this area over the years. (Although with all the gas well fracking going on currently, it is a little more worrisome.) 



But so far this little chick only bobs when prompted.
I often wonder if the person holding the yard sale took delight in their tale to curious little kids, of the purpose of this chick. 
(It's a line I could easily hear the RG spinning)




7 comments:

  1. he/she certainly is a cutie and not only good to look at but serves a purpose. I have ring my son paid a quarter for at a yard sale when he was 5. I need to show it. it might win ugliest ring of the year award, but I have now had it 47 years

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it is a cute chick. We have had a few earthquakes in this area, one was a little frightening and did a lot of damage to buildings in DC. Have a happy day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...an earthquake chicken, now that's a new one for me! Thank goodness we don't have fracking going on around here. Thanks for stopping by nd I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a wonderful memory. I'm going to be spending the next few months in Oklahoma. Perhaps I should find me an earthquake chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a good tale, for a cute chick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an intriguing story! I love it and love that they bought it for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.