Monday, June 15, 2020

Sometimes . . .

deterrents are necessary.

This is an ant moat.
It's purpose is to stop ants from
reaching hummingbird feeders
or others that contain 'sweets'.
moat: typically filled with water 
and intended as a defense against attack.

I found the instruction on YouTube
and made it from the lid of a detergent bottle

Joining Blue Monday

8 comments:

  1. It looks like a great idea. Let us know if it works! Here in Florida we have flying ants that's why I'm wondering if it will work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, does it work? Looks like a great idea, the ants can be awful. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a feeder or two that came with a moat. I found they worked quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ants can be annoying pests, especially at hummingbird feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea. I have one of those for my hummingbird feeder, but for some reason I haven't hooked it up yet. I can't find my extra hooks. But the ants haven't been that bad either. Love the hummers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.