Many of the nature photos I share
are taken at Moraine State Park.
This park was established in the early 1970s
when a large area was flooded creating a recreational lake.
The lake is located in the same area as a glacial lake
from the Ice Age.
While the RG was fishing from shore
Lucy and I went exploring and
But wait maybe not so wild
Then I spied this moss covered rock and
when I moved in for a photo I noticed
a hole with what appeared to be the corner
of something manmade below the surface.
The RG explained that it appeared to be
part of a foundation.
Then I understood.
This area was once a small rural village
that no longer exists due to the flooding for the lake.
Good in everything bad.
Due to its location high on a hillside
the village church remains.
It continues to be an active congregation.
They broadcast their services to the outdoors.
The RG and I enjoy the gospel music
when we are on the lake fishing.

It is interesting how plant roots still can be effective many years. Neat that one lived to bloom.
ReplyDeleteHow comforting to listen to gospel music as you fish!
ReplyDeletea piece of history still there for you to find. the church is pretty. there's a link-up for churches at
ReplyDeletewww.inspiredsundaymeme.blogspot.com/
that you might want to link to with this. :)
Inspirational .... music, fishing, exploring....what could be better than sharing this adventure together. Nice post!
ReplyDeleteJM, IL
Sounds like an enjoyable outing and the music added a special touch. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIt;s always best to build on high ground! Tom The Backroads Traveller
ReplyDelete