Monday, June 27, 2016

Lakeside Meadow Rose Bush - 27 June 2016

I think it's a Meadow Rose Bush. Unless it's a Rose Carolina bush or a Rose Virginiana bush. The good news is it is not an invasive rose. We have plenty of that with the Multiflora Rose.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" is a frequently referenced part of William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet, in which Juliet seems to argue that it does not matter that Romeo is from her rival's house of Montague, that is, that he is named "Montague."




This particular beauty is on the lake shore at the state park.

Joining Trees and Bushes


4 comments:

  1. Hello, pretty pink roses. I did not know there is an invasive rose bush. Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bee's agree with your assessment of beauty and sweet nectar. A lovely group of pictures, Gayle ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.