Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day Trip - Cook Forest

Historical Points of Interest in Cook Forest, PA.


Log Cabin Inn:
Cook Forest's environmental learning center is a large log building built in 1934 by the CCC. 





Sawmill Historical Room:
This electric powered mill operated for a little over one year to saw salvage cut timber from the park. Most of the earlier mills were water driven and found along Tom's Run.  


The Sawmill houses displays and a gift shop for a local arts and craft organization. 


Offers fascinating displays of logging and rafting tools, models, and other artifacts.




9 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to live in a log cabin, not the big fancy ones they build now, but one much like this one... love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great learning center! i love visiting places like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic log cabin with lots to see and learn about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was once in Cook Forest about 40 years ago, looks like I'm do for a return trip. These sights remind me of being in the Adirondack Mountains. Thanks Gayle for showcasing a wonderful Pennsylvania treasure. I hope that you make a return trip to Tuesday's Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I love the old cabins. I am glad it has been preserved. Thanks for sharing your visit.
    Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fun place to visit. I like seeing all the old artificats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fun place to visit. I like seeing all the old artificats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.