Friday, December 2, 2016

I Prefer . . .

camera shots.
Hunting serves a purpose in our area with a growing population of wild life without enough food. It's just not my 'bag'.
I prefer shooting photos for Friday's Hunt.

The letter 'W'
This little Jotul 'W'ood burning stove 
has kept the main part of our home 'W'arm for many years.
Small, reasonably clean and with a small window for atmosphere; it is perfect for our cozy little home.
(not to mention saving on fuel costs)

This week's Favorite
Our very own palace guard

Machine
Machines come in all shapes and sizes
ma·chine
noun
  1. 1.
    an apparatus using or applying mechanical power and having several parts, each with a definite function and together performing a particular task.























8 comments:

  1. cool machine, and love the laughing santa part of it. I would love to have a stove like that because I love FIRE. all kinds for FIRE.. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. What have a gas fire but I have long wanted a proper wood fire... maybe in my next house

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice "W" word, Gayle. It reminds me of our parlor heating stove, it burned wood. So did the kitchen stove but we only burned wood in it at wintertime, for a long burning fire. For cooking we generally use corn cobs. We had an abundant supply of those after he dried corn had been shelled off.
    I didn't quite under stand you machine, what it does and how it works, or what it is called or its purpose. In other words, this is my first meeting with an object/machine like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your own palace guard and that far looks lovely and cosy just sit up beside. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer camera shots too! Your cardinal is beautiful. Our stove is quite similar and it certainly does keep the house wonderfully warm. It is an economical way to heat in our climate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too prefer camera shots, but I appreciate those who are willing to provide and help manage wildlife populations. Thanks for joining us this week at Photo Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the hunting. I only shoot with my Nikon. LOL Love wood heat. There's nothing like it. The cardinal is beautiful. What a nifty little machine. Perfect for the season! Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.