Monday, January 2, 2017

One Word for 2017

is grace



grace
ɡrās/; charis (Greek)
noun
1.
 the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.
  
2.
simple elegance or refinement of movement.
synonyms: elegance, poise, gracefulness, finesse

verb
1.
do honor or credit to (someone or something) by one's presence.
synonyms: dignify, distinguish, honor, favor

No. 1 has already been a blessing; 
No. 2 has always been a challenge; 
No. 3 is now a conscious effort.

Key phrases thus far
embracing grace - daily sufficient grace - throne of grace

Joining 

{ One Word - 2017 }

 w/Debbie

12 comments:

  1. Grace is such a beautiful word. I'm excited to see what you share this next year about your word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bird and wonderful word for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you KNOW I love your word!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And.....I failed to mention how much I adore the picture....if you've followed me long, you know about my love of cardinals....and GRACE!!! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love your word too. You One Word is in my language: genade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!! I look forward to seeing how God works in and through you with your word over the year

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you have selected the right picture for Grace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh! Grace! That was my word for 2016...and God helped me to experience HIS grace in so many ways...and to learn to be full of grace as I ministered to others. I will pray for you as the Lord takes you on His grace-filled journey in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the song, Grace Grace, God's Grace and that is what I thought when I read this

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with Sandra...now I am singing, Grace, Grace.....Visiting from Deb's blog with her linkup this morning. Love the word Grave. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.