This was a thrifty find in June 2011
I left it as was at the time.
The weather had taken its toll
All faded and part of the bottom is gone.
I first sprayed with flat black.
Since I haven't done something like this in a long time
most of my supplies are gone.
So I got creative and used metallic magic markers
and pastel pencils.
and pastel pencils.
Then sprayed with semi-gloss urethane.
Not sure how it will hold up
but I'm pleased with the result.


I love it - hope it lasts a good long time.
ReplyDeletereally nice dressing up!
ReplyDeleteBetter than the original! Nice job! I had a tiki sign I wish I'd thought to have done that for, before I tossed it. :(
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely! I'd be proud to have that in my garden, in my house! Thanks for stopping by. You asked if I heard the heron hacking, well, between my hearing and the distance and the wind blowing in the wrong direction, I didn't I didn't know they could hack :) You learn something every day. Have a great one :)
ReplyDeleteIt turned out great!
ReplyDeleteI like what you done with this...
ReplyDeleteLooks really cute Gayle. Very creative to use the markers and pencils. The urethane should protect it fairly well. Plus a touch of chippiness is always fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
ReplyDeletehugs,
Jann