Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Frosty Morning

I was inspired by Judith's Monday post at Lavender Cottage to take a stroll outside
to see what our first frost had left behind.
 
I love that this looks like a variegated holly 
whose leaves have permanent white borders.
But these borders were gone by noon with the bright shining sun.

Naturally our annuals are gone now but a 'first' frost
still brings beauty.
 
I'm saving another 'frosted confection' for tomorrow's "Good Fences" with Tex/Theresa.
 
North, East, West - wonder where South was?

While on a late jaunt to the State Park the foliage was at a peak.

 

You may note a second copyright label on some photos.
I am working on another blog devoted to the technical side as I hone my photography skills.
 
 
Joining:

8 comments:

  1. Nature is the very best with sharing so many different wonders of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frost on the leaves in your first few photos.
    JM, IL-U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No frost here yet in the south of the UK but I can feel that it is coming soon

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, I love these. Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos - I especially love the frost ones. We so rarely get a frost while there is still anything in the garden so it is not as pretty here - though when it does frost I like to try and get some photos. The water and leaves are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are the prettiest Fall pictures ... Perfect color and in the earlier ones that beautiful frosting ... Well, I meant to write frost there, but my Ipad auto corrected it and I kind of like what it did, so I'm leaving it! Natures icing! Everything is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like 'frosting'. It fit perfectly.

      Delete
  7. bless texas theresa lady,

    lovely photo for outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.