Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Bit Miffed

This Belted Kingfisher was a bit miffed
at an intruding Green Heron.

Megaceryle alcyon

Streams, lakes, bays, coasts; nests in banks. During winter and migration, may be found in almost any waterside habitat, including the edges of small streams and ponds, large rivers and lakes, marshes, estuaries, and rocky coastlines; seems to require only clear water for fishing. During breeding season, more restricted to areas with suitable dirt banks for nesting holes.

5 comments:

  1. Nicely captured Kingfisher. We don't get the Belted variety here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wo, this is nice! We haven't this one in the Netherlands. But I like this bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen a Belted Kingfisher in years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's such a pretty bird! I always enjoy seeing them. Thanks for the info too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.