Thursday, August 1, 2019

Time Marches On . . .

with the beginning of a new month


August has arrived and the beginning 
of new decade for me 
is another month closer.

Today I am thankful for memories

Earlier this week I spent the morning 
with my 93 yr old aunt 
reviewing family history.

Looking back

And I was delighted when she entrusted me 
with a memoir of her childhood 
she had written several years ago.


It brings back happy memories of stories 
my cousins and I we were told 
throughout our childhoods.

And many new tales 
involving her brother and sisters 
(including my mother)

Now I'm looking forward 
to transforming her memoir into print 
including photos from her childhood.
Lately I have been doing my computing 
by my kitchen window 
and these finches 
have been brightening my view.



6 comments:

  1. Hello, it is nice you could spend time with your Aunt. Pretty captures of the Goldfinches. Wishing you a happy day and a great weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, the Goldfinch does brighten the day. He is such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have the memoir! And I love your pretty birds today! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how wonderful to have such a treasure from your Aunt. I know you will make it come to life for generations to come. And yes, it's good that you are sitting near your window where you can enjoy these beauties. Thank you for sharing them with us. Lovely goldfinches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures. Have fun with those memoirs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those finches. They are such colorful birds. I wish you the best on the memoirs. Family history is a TREASURE! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.