Friday, July 2, 2010

American History

Linking with Laurie for Favorite Thing Saturday.

Mount Vernon, VA is one of my favorite places to visit. This tile of George and Martha Washington's home was a recent find that brought back happy memories. My first visit there when I was 11 yr old triggered my continuing love of American history.

Another favorite thing for this Saturday is this picture of my great grandmother who met by great grandfather when he came to Virginia with her brothers during the civil war. They were married after the war.For those who saw my post at Vintage Thingie Thursday last week, this is the mother of the gal who homesteaded to Oregon in the early 1900s.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.