Saturday, July 17, 2010

Joining Suzanne for Vintage Thingie Thursday


Remember the tiny little waists in old time pictures. I think the chore of rug beating may have helped keep them that way. When I look at these I see long sleeves rolled up and hair escaping from buns and a look that says 'bare floors are best'.
Just as today's vacuums each have their own style for better performance so did these of old. The one on the left belonged to my grandmother on my mother's side. The one on the right I bought at a flea market. It is probably the 'classiest' of my collection.
This one belonged to my grandmother on my father's side.




I'm not sure where I got this one but I'm thinking it was another flea market find.




The design of this one is called batwing and it is quite sturdy with a spring action. I'm sure the ladies of days gone by found it to be quite an improvement.

Now why do you think I find it so hard to pull out my modern vacuum with all its bells and whistles? I should jump for joy at the chance to use it considering the alternatives shown here.


Have you posted your vintage thingie yet? I'll be lookin for you at Suzanne's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.