By Friday I was lamenting my lack of
a new butterfly/moth this week.
a new butterfly/moth this week.
When I arrived at the office I noticed
yet another leaf stuck on the side of the building.
yet another leaf stuck on the side of the building.
But wait, that's not a leaf.
As I took a closer look, I knew I had been handed a gift.
I have never seen a moth this big
Tucked it in a box to show my co-workers
Then released it to fly again.
SATURNIIDAE
Polyphemus Moth (Antheraea polyphemus)
spotted in western PA.
Click here for more things that flutter by.
and here for Nature Notes
spotted in western PA.
Click here for more things that flutter by.
and here for Nature Notes
....not only huge, it is incredibly BEAUTIFUL!!!
ReplyDeleteWow - amazing. I've seen some that are similar but the blue dots are different. Great photo.
ReplyDeleteAnd what a wonderful gift it was! Oh, they are just glorious.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous moth. I love the blue color on his wings.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful moth and images! Great sighting! Enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I'm glad you didn't ignore him--he's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI know people who raise these guys because they are so beautiful... wonderful and yes a gift indeed.... Michelle
ReplyDelete