Friday, March 18, 2016

Saturday Critters 031916

Part of a flock of wild turkeys at the North end of Pymatuning lake.




Almost missed this lovely White Tail Deer blending into its surroundings as we rounded a bend in the State Park near home.

This look reminds me of Lucy. 'Our you coming?'
Our first reaction was doe but looking closer 
may be a button buck.
button buck usually tends to be a buck that is only 6 months old. Since it is within their first year, they only have little nubs where their antlers will develope

More critters  w/ Eileen at:

15 comments:

  1. I love the deer, it's a gorgeous critter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful critters!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tou sure "bagged" that deer Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  4. the deer is so sweet. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and gentle deer. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gayle, the flock of turkeys on the field is great. I love the deer up close, it is beautiful. Wondrful critter post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those doe eyes really do melt my heart! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a whole lot of turkeys! Pretty State Park..very nice this time of year it looks like. I've never heard the term button buck before, but knew immediately what it meant (even before I enlarged my IPad so I could read your explanation ;)))! )

    ReplyDelete
  9. She certainly spotted you. What a gorgeous photo of such a sweet deer. Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome photos! The deer melted my heart,phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos...love seeing the turkeys. The flocks seem to be breaking up around here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the turkeys! Rutting season! :-) And that sweet little deer, as well. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.