For today's post I am digressing from Preston Park
to share a photo that I look at with wonderment
every time I bring it up.
The first time I viewed it on my camera
I thought it was double exposure or something.
Now that I know it's for real, I guess birds are into tattoos too.
Maybe its not that unusual of a feather pattern,
but it was a first for me!
It was a heron kind of day.
I could watch them for hours.
Yesterday's moment of joy was the capturing a Baltimore Oriole.
We've been hearing them a few days
but they tend to stay away from the house until . . .
Yesterday's moment of joy was the capturing a Baltimore Oriole.
We've been hearing them a few days
but they tend to stay away from the house until . . .
and then at the state park today . . .
my first Pileated Woodpecker
a bit hidden by the foliage but it's that time of year.


Hello Gayle, The Heron with the "tattoo" is cool. I love the Oriole and the Pileated Woodie. Great birds and photos. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your week ahead!
ReplyDeleteI didn't notice the, "tattoo", at first, but wow! That is pretty unusual!
ReplyDeleteGreat birds! The Baltimore Oriole has so beautiful orange color.
ReplyDeleteThe heron with "tattoo" is beyond amazing....great picture.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colour on the Oriole
ReplyDelete