Wednesday, August 12, 2015

For Everything a Purpose

I mentioned in an earlier post
that sometimes the RG has trouble pulling up anything that grows.
Unless its a noxious weed.
 
These corn stocks appeared here and there this spring.
 
 He says the chipmunks were busy last fall  spring burying kernels

There was 'discussion' early in the season about leaving them.

As time went by, I was reminded of my favorite verse;
Grow where your planted.

His winning argument is;
free corn for the birds this winter.
No fair appealing to my 'fiscal' side Mr. RG.
and
no new fence photo this week so
will share this post since it includes the fence atMuldoon
  

 
Linking with Susan at:
Outdoor Wednesday
and with Tex at:
Good Fences

 

12 comments:

  1. I like that attitude! Let it grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that the ears got pollinated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Rose. I never thought about the pollination aspect. Just great, something else for the RG to 'splain to me--haha.

      Delete
  3. love the ones at the end against that great fence. and like rose said, ears!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am surprised that they made ears! Wonderful! Nice fence, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the "Let it Grow" attitude. The last fence shot is pretty! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is so cool that the corn actually grew like that. Loved that last shot of the corn and the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to have the corn in a different place - busy squirrels. I always check and see what is coming up by itself - they seem to do the best - this year I have some Larkspur and Snagdragons - they are so pretty. Love the fence too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahhaa...I love these stray corn plants...and he does have a point...free food for the critters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We get a few 'free range' tomato plants like that - I think they come from undercooked compost!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes just let it grow and have free food for the birds

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say it is a good idea to leave the cornstalk be.
    I like the garden fences.
    Thanks for visiting me.
    Have a Joyous Weekend!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.