Saturday, August 8, 2015

Seem to Like This Spot

 
 I've been watching these two on the farm across
from the business I work at.
They seem to favor this particular spot of shade.
 
Donkey
 Most donkeys, regardless of coat color, will have dorsal stripes and shoulder crosses, dark ear marks, as well as the "light points" - white muzzle and eye rings, and  white belly and inner leg.
Leg barring ("garters" or "zebra stripes") may be present as well.
Small dark spots right at the throatlatch, called "collar buttons" are a good identifying marking and occur occasionally.
 
I love learning; don't you?

Joining Eileen for Saturday Critters
and
Camera Critters

7 comments:

  1. Yes I love learning new things, especially new things about critters. The donkeys are cute, great shot! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I love learning and I have learned so much more sincce I started blogging.Love the Donkeys. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep those gray cells happy -- learn something new everyday! I learned more about Donkeys! Thank you. Happy Critter Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love donkeys and thanks for the info - now I will look at them more closely. We have a ranch nearby with miniature donkeys - I just can't resist them - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are very sweet, happy to know more about them.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know these things...learn something new all the time in blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.