Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pleasant Surprise

Finding this bouquet on the kitchen table
was a pleasant surprise this morning.

Helianthus or sunflowers (from the Greek: ήλιος, Hēlios, "sun" and ανθός, anthos, "flower") L. /ˌhiːliˈænθəs/ is a genus of plants comprising about 70 species in the family Asteraceae, all of which are native to North America except three species in South America. The common name, "sunflower," also applies to the popular annual species Helianthus annuus, the common sunflower.
 
Joining:


8 comments:

  1. What a sunny way to start the day! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful surprise - I do love sunflowers. They grew by the field full in Kansas - wish they grew wild in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...I love sunflowers...and so does one of my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! We grew sunflowers in our garden last year, but we didn't plant any this year. I am really missing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful surprise indeed, Gayle. They are sure to make the start of the day special.
    Thanks for taking part in Floral Friday Fotos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.