Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Trees and Bushes 110315



Norway Spruce - Picea abies

Norway spruce is a familiar sight in much of the United States, but it’s really a tree of Europe. Throughout the globe, this tree has many uses including lumber, pulpwood, Christmas trees and landscape specimen trees. Its dense branching pattern and tolerance of soil variations has also made it a popular tree for windbreaks.

If you have enough space and want to add a sense of formal dignity to your landscape, the Norway spruce will suit you well.
 
Joining:

7 comments:

  1. I used to know the names of so many trees, including the Norway Spruce, but somehow as I get older and don't make use of my knowledge, it escapes me. We have many Norway Spruce in our area for all the reasons you have stated except for using it for lumber (thankfully). They are indeed a majestic tree ... Nice pictures, Gayle :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gayle, the spruces are beautiful. I love the pine cones, the birds love them too. Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trees with such cones. They are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are some beautiful trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely with that one perfect cone! I bet those trees do smell delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The squirrels will be happy with the cones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my ventures in photos. I look forward to every comment and especially discovering your Blogs with their wonderful photos, conversation and words of wisdom and encouragement.
Each of you are a blessing to my day.