Norway Spruce - Picea abies
Norway spruce is a familiar sight in much of the United States, but it’s really a tree of Europe. Throughout the globe, this tree has many uses including lumber, pulpwood, Christmas trees and landscape specimen trees. Its dense branching pattern and tolerance of soil variations has also made it a popular tree for windbreaks.
If you have enough space and want to add a sense of formal dignity to your landscape, the Norway spruce will suit you well.
Joining:
I used to know the names of so many trees, including the Norway Spruce, but somehow as I get older and don't make use of my knowledge, it escapes me. We have many Norway Spruce in our area for all the reasons you have stated except for using it for lumber (thankfully). They are indeed a majestic tree ... Nice pictures, Gayle :)
ReplyDeleteAndrea @ From The Sol
Hello Gayle, the spruces are beautiful. I love the pine cones, the birds love them too. Have a happy day and week ahead!
ReplyDeleteI love trees with such cones. They are gorgeous :)
ReplyDeleteThey are some beautiful trees.
ReplyDeleteLovely with that one perfect cone! I bet those trees do smell delicious!
ReplyDeleteLove those pine cones!
ReplyDeleteThe squirrels will be happy with the cones!
ReplyDelete