The RG took these photos in 2013
when he joined one of our sons in Hawaii.
It was to be our son's last long deployment of his
Navy Air Wing career and he gifted his Dad passage with him from Honolulu to SanDiego on what is called a Tiger Cruise.
They were blessed to have time before the cruise to tour the islands.
The RG had only been in the airport enroute to Viet Nam 45 years before. And his father had been stationed there during WWII
so it was very special for him in many ways.
Isn't the sky pretty in the last photo?
(or maybe I chose it for the special fella gazing across the beach ;)
He is back to civilian life after serving
for twenty years and now enjoying daily life with his wife and son.
We are so thankful as a family for the memory this will always be.
Happy USA Thanksgiving to everyone stopping by.
And Happy Day to all.
Joining Judith for:


Hello, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Wonderful memories for you, Rg and your son. I love Hawaii, it is a beautiful state. Awesome images and mosaic!
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday, enjoy your new week!
Those are gorgeous photos Gayle. Enjoy the week.
ReplyDeleteHi Gayle,
ReplyDeleteI've always dreamed of traveling to Hawaii; thanks for taking me along!
I love your kind comments.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Happy Blue Monday!
What special photos and memories!
ReplyDeleteA very pretty place and the time I was there really enjoyed it. Glad your family served and survived.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful trip and I love the mosaics you made of the trip!
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy Thanksgiving!
Joy @ Books and Life
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving Gayle.
ReplyDelete